2009/01/07

10 things I liked most this week...?

this is my very own HOLIDAY SPECIAL!!!
I guess every one of you lovely people celebrated Christmas with family, friends, yummy food and loooooots of presents, so here are my top 15 presents and thingies of 2008's holidays!


1. Twilight and New Moon
I had already read both books, but now I finally got them as a present from my best friend, who is really very amazing! I love them! and her!




2. Stardust.
I honestly just think this is an amazing film and I was VERY happy when I got it on DVD as a gift from my grandma.



3. Across the Universe
The Beatles are really one of those bands that made an impact on me in my life. Their songs have helped me through some difficult times like hardly any other band would've been able to... Then suddenly, there's this musical with basically only Beatles' songs... and I got it for Christmas too. [I know, I basically only got books and DVDs for Christmas.]




4. The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
I honestly don't care about the people who say that JK Rowling is a greedy b*tch for getting this published, because I think it's a really lovely book with lovely fairy tales in it. Besides, it's for charity. Also a Christmas present^^




5. Cupcake Magic.
A present from a great new friend I got to know in 2008. It's a cookbook which basically only has cupcake recipes, but it's really amazing. And so are the cupcakes I've made with those recipes. I believe Kate Shirazi is a wonderful cook. LOL.




6. My new corset.
Haaaah I just love corsets... but this one was really cool to buy too because there were some friends of mine with me that day that I hadn't seen in quite a long time and we had so much fun! Pieter, Côzmo, Claire, K'vin & Nico... I love you sexypeeps! <3.




7. Brisingr.
Christopher Paolini is the MAN dude! I'd already read it, but this Christmas I finally got my own copy of Brisingr so that my book beam no longer has that empty spot next to Eragon and Eldest anymore.




8. Hairspray.
One of the feel good films I've seen during my weeks off 'cause of the holidays... I got it from my bestie K'vin, and even though I didn't really think it was going to be exactly what I expect [or more: like] in films, I thought it was a really nice film!




9. The Sound of Music and Home Alone.
Or more: watching those all time Christmas classics, that I always watched when I was little, again. With the family. And friends. :)




10. Snow.
Even though the snow didn't really start falling until after the holiday, it's still nice to have snow in this little country for almost a week. As the Belgians on here will confirm, we don't really get a lot of snow, and certainly not for this long.




11. Money.
I guess you'll all have to agree with me on this. Christmas is a nice holiday for your bank account too. And I do know this top number might come over a bit greedy, but aren't we all happy when we get some money for 'nothing'?




12. Neil Cicierega.
He's just this amazing guy who made me laugh this vacation.




13. De 4 Bollekes.
It's a shop where you can buy sweets and pasta and things like that, but all in really original packings and things like that. It's really nice and if you'd ever get to Heist, you'd really have to go check it out.




14. Starbook.
A book by Ben Okri. I think it's going to be a really good book, even though I have only just started reading...




15. Sandeman.
Not because I'm an alcoholic, but because I bought a bottle of Sandeman Porto for my grandpa, whom I basically only see two or three times a year. We talked about Mr. Sandman [by The Andrews Sisters] too because of it and we had a nice time.





Love, yours, forever

C'row <33



PS. For those of you who haven't heard/read it yet, a very lovely 2009!!!!

Geen opmerkingen: